Poster: Kelly Murphy
I know I am not the only one who goes through life with “stuff” happening, so I thought I’d share some of my ways to get in a better mood. So often getting in a better mood starts with me. Here are some thoughts and things I do to feel better, and get out of the funk!
1. Shower and dress. Ya may feel like it, but getting dressed, (and not just wearing those comfy sweats), does help!
2. Don’t use the word “depressed” since it’s negative and depressing!
3. Brainstorm and make a list of the problem and solutions.
4. Develop a timeline, even if it’s a tentative one, on accomplishing these goals.
5. Make the changes you can, as soon as you can!
6. Activate!! Being active helps get the endorphins flowing, which simultaneously creates a better mood!
7. Eat right! I know you have heard this a thousand times but it’s true…Eat some veggies, and put some good food in you! No binging, or starving, but eat balanced meals. Drink lots of water, and cut back on the sugar and caffeine.
8. Socialize! Having friends over, or making new ones, always lifts a mood!
9. Control your thoughts and self-talk. Think good things, not …”I am so stupid!” but ” Oh well, everyone makes mistakes, even me!”
10. Get busy. Now, think of something you have been needing to do… like finish that scrapbook page, or sorting through those papers. Work on it 30 minutes and take a break, but get started!
What has been your experience? How do you get yourself out of a bad mood?
I hope these ideas will help you, and if you like what you read, or not, please share your comments! You can contact me through this blog, or @ email@example.com.
Now… who wants to go to dinner?